SummitIG is seeking a Data Engineer for a unique role to design, develop, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain a suite of tools, services, software, and integrations that provide efficient business solutions.
The work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of technical knowledge to real world problems that will help SummitIG maintain its leading position in the marketplace.
This role is more than just coding. As a member of a small team, you will play a key role in both architecting and building the internal systems at SummitIG. You will use your observations, analysis, and experience to help plan and implement improvements to the system.
You must be capable of working both as part of a team and autonomously, with high levels of initiative and self-sufficiency. Data engineers are responsible for facilitating the delivery of key business initiatives by independently seeking out answers to code problems, system configurations, or network architectures.
The Data Engineer is responsible for working with the team to build and maintain business solutions and supporting infrastructure at SummitIG. This role involves a wide range of responsibilities including:
- System Administration and Monitoring
- Cloud Architecture Management
- Serverless Application Development
- API/Microservice Development
- System Integration
- Software Automation
The applicant’s ability to troubleshoot problems, learn unfamiliar frameworks, architectures, or languages, and solve problems through a combination of guidance and self-help is an acceptable substitute for specific knowledge or experience for some of the listed qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- Four (4) years equivalent work experience using Python for a wide array of applications (async I/O, pandas, jinja, boto3, and REST APIs using SDKs, IDEs, CDKs, etc.)*
- Proficient experience with web protocols
- Proficient experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, pgAdmin, PL/pgSQL)
- Proficient experience with AWS cloud services
- Understanding of sysadmin fundamentals
- Understanding of basic DevOps (version control, testing, integration)
* A related degree may offset the experience requirements
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Annual holidays
- 401K plan with company match
This role is located out of the SummitIG office in Sterling, VA. The successful applicant will be expected to work from the office full time during an evaluation period of 4 months. After this evaluation period is completed, the accommodation of a hybrid work schedule may be negotiated.