SummitIG is a high-energy company where an entrepreneurial individual with drive and commitment can flourish. There are no molds to fit, no obstacles to growth, and no limit to your personal achievement. We are looking for a senior accountant to assist our current finance and accounting team handle the recent and continued rapid growth to our business.
A strong candidate to join our finance and accounting team will have great attention to detail, be flexible with the ability to prioritize, organize, and meet deadlines. Reliability and a positive attitude are key values we look for in our team members. An optimal candidate will be comfortable switching between various activities such as day-to-day transaction processing, month-end close / reporting responsibilities and various medium to longer term projects to improve the operations.
This role will report to the VP of Finance/Controller. They will work alongside two other team members who handle Accounts Payable, HR and other systems support duties. Primary focus will be on customer billing, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, and handling large portions of the month-end close currently handled by the controller. With a growing company you will gain experience in many aspects of accounting and finance with plenty of room for future growth. This person will interact with all members of the company and will be expected to work physically in the office on average four days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts receivable: invoice creation and delivery
- Deferred revenue schedule maintenance and revenue recognition
- Ensure revenue data in project management system matches our accounting records
- Interact with other departments to gather and share information
- Weekly cash forecast support
- Assist with annual audit and tax filings
- Assist with annual budget process and periodic mid-year forecasts
- Assist with various debt and equity funding activities
- Perform other duties and projects, as required
- Work with team on multiple upcoming projects: further enhance of management reporting, possible implementation of a new accounting system, new commissions schedule, and more
Accounting degree (or in process of attaining) preferred. 4-5 years of experience including Invoice Generation, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Excel & Data Analysis with a strong knowledge of GAAP. Experience with QuickBooks, NetSuite, or Sage Intacct a big plus. Should have accuracy and precision, an interest in business, be well organized, with a willingness to be a member of a growing team.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 100% employee covered health, dental, vision, life, disability, additional voluntary life insurance, paid time off, cell phone allowance, and a generous 401(k) match policy.