Role and Responsibilities
The Project Manager is tasked with managing construction for new fiber system builds according to customer standards and maintaining current fiber systems in the SummitIG markets. The Project Manager is responsible for the following task:
- Monitoring and maintaining new and current network systems.
- Provide technical support to contractors constructing a new fiber system.
- Manage all aspects of new fiber build to include reviewing engineering prints, issuing RFP’s, field visits to ensure work is being done to company standards, selecting/managing construction/engineering vendors, and approving invoices.
- Track and report on all new fiber installations.
- Be reachable 24/7 to support customer and team members in urgent times.
- Coordination with Operation team members and various municipalities to ensure new project build success.
- Perform periodic QC inspections of all new network installations.
- Ability to prioritize and time manage across multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering construction/redline prints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Data Analytics with various reports and software systems.
- Knowledge of “Call Before You Dig” rules and regulations as they apply to a network utility provider.
- Knowledge OSHA safety rules and regulations as they apply to locating and providing repair and maintenance within a fiber optic network.
- Strong background in utility engineering or utility construction.
- Proficient w/PC’s, Microsoft Office Applications and Project Management software.
- Current valid driver’s license
- Positive attitude and willing to work with others.
- 2 or more years’ experience with utility underground construction.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Annual holidays
- 401K plan with company match
This job, while located in Virginia, travel may be required to other markets as required.